A DIY Living Plant Wall Installation
Living walls are a great way to bring a bright, audacious, and fresh addition to your home. Our stylish DIY ideas will give your interiors an amazing touch of natural goodness. We teamed up with Tracey from The Flower Tray for this plant wall installation and documented step by step instructions for you to recreate this inviting organic look in your space.
Variety of Vases
Decorative items bought
Large window pane mirror
Mini glass vases with a lip
Ceramic wall hanging pots
Wire storage baskets
Type of plants to purchase
Splash polka dot plant
1. Take measurements of the wall art area, make sure you know how big you want your art wall to be.
2. Source large window pane or mirror type window. Make sure to find something that you could attach containers and plants to.
3. Use blue painters tape and layout the vases before you attach them.
4. Use wrapped wire to attached small glass vases directly into the mirror.
5. Purchase a few ceramic pots to be hung on the wall. We drilled a hole into the small ceramic pots, using the 11/64” drill bit
6. Glue a small piece of Styrofoam into the containers to place artificial greenery
When I first did the layout of the plants, I laid it on the floor and took pictures of different looks.
Not all containers can be hung. Make sure to find containers with a flat back to lay against the wall.
Chose a mix of faux and real greenery for low maintenance.