The Wedding Planner Got Married
The Wedding Planner Got Married…the final chapter of my personal wedding blog post. About 6 months ago I got married! In the past few months we have gotten sooo many requests from readers to share our photos. We received over 1,000 photos from our lovely photographer, so as you can imagine selecting a few has been really hard for me. Normally when I work on a client’s post I would just go through and pick a few pretty ones and be done in an hour. But for our wedding I wanted to share them all because every moments was special. To make it easier for myself, I decide to select my Top 5…great moments of day!
We were so honored to be featured on so many publications: Ceremony Magazine, California Wave, Style Unveiled, and Caroline Tran’s Blog…so you could click on these links and see many more pictures of our wedding day. So without further ado, here are my Top 5 moments from our wedding.
1. We started the morning with a Tea Ceremony at my parent’s home in our traditional outfits. I had over 50 relatives at our place for this “simple” event. It’s a funny feeling to have everyone stop and stare at us…we really didn’t know what to do, so we just stood there and smile. I think we look like little kids playing dress up.
2. Our day was a bit different than most weddings. I saw Albert for the first time that morning at the tea ceremony as my dad was walking me down the stairs…it was a sweet moment. Once I got into my wedding dress we set up another “first look” and that was equally sweet and really just for us. I feel lucky to have two “First Look” moments with my groom.
3. My parents walking me down the aisle…I loved this moment and love the picture.
4. Watching the Same Day Edit was an amazing highlight of the reception. Albert created our slideshow and it was great and really funny. He definitely remembered to give himself credit for all the hard work. Our extraordinary SDE was created by Alumiq Productions.
5. The plan was for the dessert bar to open and transition the ballroom to our lounge. I was excited for our guests to see the walls come down and the ballroom transform to a open lounge space. But the guests were more excited about the sweets. The second the dessert bar was open it was attacked in a matter of minutes. Here’s evidence of our little Ring Bearer, Marshall scouting out the goodies :) It was sooo funny and not according to plan that made this moment perfect.
Finally, thank you to Ceremony Magazine for our 4 page spread…it’s exciting to be on newsstands. Albert laughs at me but I would stop to look at the magazine every time we drop by any bookstore. Makes me giggle to see us in print.
Footage of the Day: Our Same Day Edit from Alumiq Productions
All photos credit to Caroline Tran Photography
Post Published on March 22, 2011. Wedding on September 4, 2010.