Tickets, Technology, and Triumph
People do almost everything from their phones now, especially because of the iPhone. You could check email, play music, identify constellations, do the Pythagorean theorem, start your car…it goes on. So how do you properly utilize these extraordinary abilities to your best advantage for your next event? Here are just a few ways that you could use the iPhone (or other Internet savvy device) for bringing in guests, publicity, or event just a little excitement at your next event.
1. Do avideo e-vite or video promotion. Able to be played on any phone with Internet, it’s an easy way to make your event viral. Your guests can share with each other, post it on Facebook, or tweet at your awesomeness. And who doesn’t want to attend an event that over a millions viewers have “liked” on Facebook or YouTube? This might be more challenging of a task depending on your dedication, but think David After Dentist… it doesn’t have to be fancy, just addicting.
2. Start a Twitter hash-tag. Twitter is growing, and with this you want all the attendees (who are obviously excited about your event) to start tweeting the same hash-tag so that it is easy to find. The more tweets that are hash-tagged the same (for example #skyboxevents), the faster your hash-tag will be re-tweeted and displayed on the side of Twitter for anyone to find, thus increasing your potential attendance.
3. DJ your own event. Make a play-list on your iPhone that you can plug in and play at your event. Or better yet, ask each guest to submit one song off of their own iPhone play-lists to create a quick and personalized touch to your music.
4. Have a general texting number during your event. There are service providers who can give you temporary numbers. Obtain one for your big event and tell your guests that they can text comments throughout the event about what they’re doing, they’re thoughts, or fun shout-outs and then have one of your assistants post them onto a running screen for all to see.
5. You could also do this with pictures. Have your guests send their Instagrams to a central posting site (like Facebook or one specific to your event) and display it to your guests so they can see the action as it happens.
It’s not just the IPhone anymore. Now, you have the iPad and iPad mini. One great way to utilize the iPad at your next event is to use it as part of your ticketing process. With so much software out there now, you can have your guests bring their ticket electronically (on their iPhone or iPad) and you can register them straight into your iPad database! No more messy paperwork for a middle man (or woman). No more messy paperwork for your guests to remember to bring. Did you know that even In-n-Out is switching over to using the iPad for their ordering system?
Trust me, there’s so much potential in using the iPhone or the iPad that it’s worth it to invest in making some publicity or event strategies directly aimed at these products. Plus, who wouldn’t love the simplicity and ease that comes with using these devices?
Post Published November 9, 2012.